Wednesday, August 28, 2013

RAUMPATOUILLE - DIE PHANTASTISCHEN ABENTEUER DES RAUMSCHIFFES ORION - Peter Thomas - "Planet Ausser Kurs" (1966)

WWW.DDD = Welcome to Weird Wednesday Down Deep in The Dungeon!

Tonight we set the controls on the time machine once again to 1966 Germany, and the second episode of the very clever and charming German "Space Patrol," - Raumpatrouille - Die Phantastischen Abenteuer Des Raumschiffes Orion!

Episode II was called "Planet Ausser Kurs," and if I can get my translation straight this time, it should be something like "Planet Off Course" or as a Google translate, "Planet Except Price!" I think we'll go with the first one!!

Regardless of country of origin, for 1966 TV, "Raumpatrouille" is, and was, a wonder to behold, and with a musical soundscape by the always amazing Peter Thomas, it rises to the level of almost perfect!

Now if I could just understand what the fuck they were saying, I'd say it was perfect! The copy I have is in German, and was donated to the cause by that fine gentleman out of Texas, Professor Grewbeard! Don't know exactly what The Prof is up to these days, but I'm sure it's something amazing!

You can't tell me that it doesn't look like this planet just sneezed!!! ACHOOOOO!!!!

Everything about "Raumpatrouille" is clean and precise high-tech space eye candy!

Yes, it's true, there will be nerds in the future! Lots of them!

Jesus, not only do I need to go back to German class, I need to take algebra over too! So what would you call a green brassiere? An Algae Bra?

Here's two 1960's classic German space chicks, in the top shot is Charlotte Kerr as General Lydia Van Dyke, and in the bottom foto is Eva Pflug as Tamara Jagellovsk!!

Dude gets burnt real bad, and the viewer is exposed to the very first use of a spray on healing band-aid!

Here's a nice shot of that Planet Except Price!

Whoa, big explosion! Wouldn't you have liked to see this shot in living colour?

When everything settles down, it's back to the home base, drinks, dancing and a whole lotta love! Baby, I ain't fooling!

1 comment:

Randall Landers said...

I sooooo want to see this, subtitled or dubbed, one day.

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??